Friday, August 25, 2006

Look Ma, Knob and Tube!



That's right, prehistoric electrical wiring! It's all very terrifying. This is what my living room looks like right now, and my brain is in a similar state. We're in the middle of renovations and are officially nomadic and homeless for the next while. I'm going to take a break from posting until mid-September when I actually have a home network again and somewhere to post from instead of roaming the streets desperately trying to find wireless hotspots. Not that that's not fun. Because it is, totally.

Cheers,
Maia

2 comments:

Todd Wheeler said...

Long time reader, first time poster.

During our first (and only so far) homebuying adventure, we came across a great old house, great yard with heirloom fruit trees, very well maintained. My brother-in-law, much handier than I, went with us and pointed out any number of great features. The list didn't include the knob and tube wiring. Good luck!

Mostly, I'm posting to praise your web design. It's simple, elegant and blends your web site and your blog very well. Inspired me to try it myself, with much less success.

Anyway, thanks! Good luck with your renovations.

Maia said...

Heh. It generally doesn't. Luckily the knob and tube isn't in use, it was just still in the walls. I like antiques, but that's not the kind I generally go for.

Thanks for the kind words. It took me a while to get the website to work, but I'm quite happy with it. I'll pop over to your blog and have a look around.

Cheers,
Maia