Thursday, June 08, 2006

I Give Up

I had a long and heart-wrenching post (almost) written that chronicled my week - a miserable debacle that included two nights of no sleep and a contractor who cut down most of my beloved 20+ year old, 25 foot high Lilac tree without permission. Crying was involved.

However, I'd rather focus on the positive since the weekend is in sight, the weather is absolutely beautiful and the fourth draft of the book is done and has gone to my trusty freelance editor. Woo!

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Maia

6 comments:

Jerry Horne said...

Cut his legs off without permission

Maia said...

Heh. As far as I know, what he did (planticide? hedge-icide?) isn't a crime. Cutting his legs off might be frowned upon :)

M

Jst A Mes said...

and putting his nuts in a vice I guess is out of the question?

Congrats on draft four, doesn't make up for the loss of all things green but it's worth celebrating over.

Maia said...

Jst a mes:

I don't own a vice, but I'd love to buy one for that very purpose.

Thx for the congrats, but I suspect I'm not quite done yet.

:)

M

piika said...

a whipper snipper might come in handy ...... snip off his whipper

Maia said...

Sadly, I gave away the whipper snipper when the grass was tilled to make way for a little garden. I could probably rent one from Home Depot, tho...

:)

M